Cleaning of communal areas
The communal areas of low-rise blocks are cleaned once a week. The scheduled cleaning day is advertised in your block.
High-rise blocks with lifts and bin chutes are cleaned daily.
Your cleaner should:
- Sweep and mop lobbies, landings, staircases and clean handrails
- Clean glass panels, window sills and ledges
- Replace defective light bulbs
- Remove cobwebs and clean lights as required
- Sweep pram shed and garage areas
- Sweep and regularly remove weeds from hard surface areas outside
- Remove litter from shrub beds and grassed areas.
Graffiti should be removed within five working days of it appearing, or 24 hours if it is particularly offensive.
In high-rise blocks, cleaners should also:
- Sweep and mop the lifts
- Check if the chute bin is full and replace it with an empty one.