New home design standards
We have asked Newground Architects to design these homes to meet national and London-wide housing design requirements, as well as our own ambitious Housing Design Standards.
Newground has therefore designed:
- Comfortable, practical and good-looking homes
- A large number of family homes with three or more bedrooms
- Accessible homes, adaptable for older people and disabilities
- Spacious and well-proportioned rooms
- Separate eat-in kitchens and living rooms, where appropriate
- Large windows
- Rooms that can be furnished in a variety of different ways
- Patios and balconies for all homes.
The homes will:
- Replace redundant spaces where anti-social behaviour can take place
- Respect the light, views and privacy of neighbouring homes
- Overlook the street, to improve security and to reduce crime
- Enhance their streets and existing pedestrian paths.
Our low energy design approach will:
- Design highly insulated homes carefully constructed to reduce drafts and not to overheat.
- Hold builders to higher standards through strict energy use targets.
- Incorporate renewable energy wherever possible.
- Support residents to look after their new home through training.
- Aim for high building standards - going beyond minimum requirements.
For all enquiries, please contact Warren Myles, Development Manager, [email protected]