How we monitor the Local Plan
We continually monitor how the Local Plan is working, through community feedback, the developments permitted and regeneration of areas of the borough. We use a variety of sources to help inform any changes that might be made to the Local Plan.
We produce a series of Authority Monitoring Reports (AMRs) that document:
- Outputs such as how many homes of what type, and size were granted permission and built, or how much and where, commercial floorspace has been developed in a year
- Outcomes which include changes to people’s health, employment status or satisfaction with the area
- Contextual data including population growth and related changes like the number of school-aged children
Monitoring allows us to assess whether:
- We are delivering what we said we would through planning – such as homes and jobs
- Any policies need changing to help make sure we are delivering on our vision
- Policies and strategy are aligned with the latest issues affecting the borough.
This data used is published as soon as it is available. AMR bulletins are produced on a variety of topics. Those published up to and including 2017/18 followed the Monitoring Framework set out in the 2012 Core Strategy. Any more recent AMR bulletins will follow the monitoring indicators embedded within each policy of the Newham Local Plan 2018.
- Successful Places Monitoring Bulletin 2012/13 to 2017/18 (PDF)
- Town Centres Monitoring Bulletin 2012/13 to 2018/19 (PDF)
- Economy Monitoring Bulletin (2013-2018) (PDF)
- Infrastructure: Community Facilities Monitoring Bulletin (2013-2018) (PDF)
- Infrastructure: Transport Monitoring Bulletin (2013 - 2018) (PDF)
- Spatial and Strategic Monitoring Bulletin (AMR) 2013/14 to 2017/18 (PDF)
- Housing Monitoring Bulletin (2016/17 and 2017/18) (PDF)
- Housing Monitoring Bulletin Excerpt: 5 Year land Supply Update (December 2021) (PDF)
- Duty to Co-operate Statement and Monitoring Bulletin 2013/14 to 2017/18 (PDF)
- Infrastructure: Waste, Energy and Infrastructure Delivery Monitoring Bulletin (2013-2018) (PDF)
- Sustainability and Climate Change Monitoring Bulletin (2013-2018) (PDF)
- LBN Authority Monitoring Report (2018-2019) (PDF)
Housing Delivery Test Action plan
Along with the monitoring undertaken through AMR bulletins, under the Government's recently introduced Housing Delivery Test (HDT) we are required to prepare an 'Action Plan' document, assessing the causes of historic housing delivery levels and identifying actions to increase delivery in future years.