If you see someone dumping rubbish illegally you can report them to Newham via our anti-social behaviour form.
Be aware that fly-tippers are doing something illegal and they don’t want to get caught. Please don’t approach them or go near the rubbish until it’s safe.
You don't have to give your details, but if you use your My Newham account to tell us about the problem, you will be able to track our progress.
Information that would be helpful for us to identify the individual and successfully issue a fine would include:
- Date, time and location of the rubbish
- A photo of the rubbish which allows us to see where it is and the time and date it was taken
- If the dumped rubbish clearly shows someone’s address, take a photo of this with additional photos which show what the waste is and where it was left
- A registration number and a description of the vehicle if someone dumps rubbish from a car or van
- A description of the person dumping the rubbish and photographic or CCTV evidence if you are able to capture it safely
- Where the individual has come from and where they went to i.e. an address or the direction
- In some circumstance it may be helpful if you’re able to provide a witness statement but this is quite rare.