How to make a complaint about a workplace
Find out how to complain about a workplace in Newham, how we investigate complaints and incident and what the likely outcome could be.
Make a complaint about a workplace
If you want to make a complaint about health and safety conditions in a workplace you should contact us as soon as possible after an accident or as soon as you notice a problem.
What you must tell us
To help us to deal with your complaint quickly and effectively, we need to know:
- Where and when the unsafe conditions or accident occurred
- How you discovered the unsafe conditions or accident
- Whether it is just you who was or is being affected or whether other people were or are being affected
- How the unsafe conditions or accident affected you or other people, such as illness or injury
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address (if you have one) so that we can contact you.
We will keep your identity confidential. We will not reveal it unless you give your consent.
Sometimes businesses wish to apologise to those affected by the complaint. We will only give them your contact details if you give your consent.
Some workplaces are the responsibility of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), find out which businesses come under HSE on their website. For more information, please also visit our page on health and safety regulation and inspection.