Terms and conditions for bulky waste collection
*Bulky waste collections are taking place but there may be some delays. We aim to collect within 5 working days.
- By making a booking for a bulky waste collection, residents are giving authorisation to Newham Council (LBN) to collect corresponding items from their property.
- A charge of £20 applies for each booked bulky waste collection on or after 1 October 2020. This charge is payable online by credit or debit card.
- The £20 charge is non-refundable and the request for collection cannot be amended.
- Bulky waste items must be presented within the boundary of the resident’s property in an external location within 10m of an accessible carriageway.
- Bulky waste items should be presented for collection as soon as a collection has been booked, but not before.
- If items are not presented in time for the booked collection, a new collection booking will need to be made by the resident and an additional charge of £20 will be made.
- If items are removed from the property by the resident or a third party prior to LBN undertaking the collection, there will be no refund of the charge provided.
- A bulky waste collection can consist of up to six items. There is no reduction in the £20 charge for booking fewer than six items for a collection.
- Additional waste items cannot be added to a bulky waste collection after it has been booked. Residents needing to have more items collected must book and pay for an additional collection.
- Residents may not have more than one bulky waste collection outstanding at any time.
- LBN aims to make all booked collections within two working days, but reserves the right to make collections within five working days of a booking.
- In circumstances outside of Newham’s control the bulky waste service may be suspended or collections may take more than five working days.
- Bookings for bulky waste collections will only be taken online from Newham residents relating to household waste generated in and presented at their sole/main place of residence. Bookings are not taken from private landlords of premises that are rented out to tenants, nor from managing agents of estates or blocks of flats.
- Residents must ensure that items booked for a bulky waste collection are kept separate from any other items on their property. LBN accepts no responsibility for the removal of non-waste items placed on or amongst bulky waste items awaiting a booked collection.