Terms and conditions for bulky waste collection
*Bulky waste collections are suspended due to staff shortages because of COVID 19. If you cannot safely store this waste at home then you can take it to the Jenkins Lane Re-use and Recycling Centre.
- By making a booking for a bulky waste collection, residents are giving authorisation to Newham Council (LBN) to collect corresponding items from their property.
- A charge of £20 applies for each booked bulky waste collection on or after 1 October 2020. This charge is payable online by credit or debit card.
- The £20 charge is non-refundable and the request for collection cannot be amended.
- Bulky waste items must be presented within the boundary of the resident’s property in an external location within 10m of an accessible carriageway.
- Bulky waste items should be presented for collection as soon as a collection has been booked, but not before.
- If items are not presented in time for the booked collection, a new collection booking will need to be made by the resident and an additional charge of £20 will be made.
- If items are removed from the property by the resident or a third party prior to LBN undertaking the collection, there will be no refund of the charge provided.
- A bulky waste collection can consist of up to six items. There is no reduction in the £20 charge for booking fewer than six items for a collection.
- Additional waste items cannot be added to a bulky waste collection after it has been booked. Residents needing to have more items collected must book and pay for an additional collection.
- Residents may not have more than one bulky waste collection outstanding at any time.
- LBN aims to make all booked collections within two working days, but reserves the right to make collections within five working days of a booking.
- In circumstances outside of Newham’s control the bulky waste service may be suspended or collections may take more than five working days.
- Bookings for bulky waste collections will only be taken online from Newham residents relating to household waste generated in and presented at their sole/main place of residence. Bookings are not taken from private landlords of premises that are rented out to tenants, nor from managing agents of estates or blocks of flats.
- Residents must ensure that items booked for a bulky waste collection are kept separate from any other items on their property. LBN accepts no responsibility for the removal of non-waste items placed on or amongst bulky waste items awaiting a booked collection.