Educational psychology

Other ways to help your child

Under fives

If you are worried about your child’s behaviour and he or she is under five years old, you can ask your GP or the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) at your child’s nursery to refer your child to the Child Development Centre to be assessed for any developmental problems.

Up to the age of 18 

You can also find help for a child or young person up to the age of 18 through the Newham Child and Family Consultation Service. The service provides specialist mental health support for children and young people with complex, severe or persistent emotional, behavioural or developmental problems.