Give notice of intention to marry or enter into civil partnership

Before you give notice

If you and your partner are British or EU Nationals, you both must have lived in a registration district in England or Wales for at least seven full days immediately before giving notice. 

  • If you or your partner are foreign nationals and subject to immigration control, you must have lived at your UK address for at least seven full days before you give notice.
  • You must have chosen a venue. Once we add your venue to the notice, you cannot change it unless you give notice again and repay the notice fee.
  • You must have the right documents and fee. See Information you must give to the register below.