Aspers Good Causes Fund
Aspers Good Causes Fund 2022/23
The Aspers Good Causes Fund was set up by Aspers Casino and Newham Council to support community projects which help residents to build confidence and skills and improve community life in Newham.
The fund opened in 2012/13 to any organisation working in the fields of education, art, dance, music, sport and the environment.
The 2022/23 programme will be open for applications on Wednesday 1 February 2023 and will have until 5pm Tuesday 28 February 2023 to apply.
Small grants up to can be given up to £1,000 or larger grants up to £7,500.
Organisations should be based or working in Newham, and projects proposed must benefit borough residents. If your application is successful, you could receive up to £7,500 as long as you can demonstrate that your project:
- Offers value for money
- Is inclusive and open to all
- Helps residents and communities become more active and involved
- Contributes to the quality of life of Newham residents
Who should apply?
Preference will be given to projects that:
- Support people through coaching, tutoring or access to new opportunities in one of the eligible fields of activity.
- Provide exceptional life building experiences working with a project or activity in these fields.
- Enable people to develop new skills and/or practice and improve skills, building their confidence and knowledge.
- Allow people to participate in projects where there may otherwise be financial barriers to their involvement, by keeping charges at reasonable levels.
- Provide positive and engaging activities which build confidence and enable people to widen their experience and interests.
- Support residents to organise their own activities and encourage others to get involved in their local community.
- Provide activities that can become sustainable and led by residents in the longer term.
- Engage residents who have not previously been involved in these activities.
Previously successful organisations can apply again this year but this must be for a new or different purpose. The specific projects that were funded before will not be eligible for a further grant this year. Aspers is unable to provide ongoing funding to any project.
How do I apply?
Please return on Wednesday 1 February 2023 for the application form.
For further queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org