QR codes for businesses and venues
- Create a QR code for your business or venue by going to www.gov.uk/create-coronavirus-qr-poster
- Print your poster and a guide of how to use it. Download the QR user guide (PDF). If you need help to print ask your local library
- Display prominently.
One of the features of the NHS Test and Trace app is called Check In. This allows users to check in to participating venues using a QR code. As part of the early adopters scheme, we are encouraging businesses and venues in Newham to participate and display the official NHS Test & Trace QR code in the location.
The Check In feature enables the user to check in to participating venues (e.g. restaurants, shisha bars, shops, leisure centres, places of worship etc) that provide a QR code.
NHS Test and Trace app users will be able to scan (check in) as they enter a venue. This means if people visit your venue or place of business and later test positive for coronavirus, other app users who were there at the same time may be sent an alert, if local public health teams think this is necessary.
We’re encouraging businesses and organisations to display official NHS QR code posters at their venue entrances to help support contact tracing.
The app notification will not mention the name of your venue, it will just let app users know that they may have come into contact with coronavirus.
Benefits of the App
- Anonymity: the app notification will not mention the name of your venue, just that the app user has recently been to a venue where they have come into contact with coronavirus
- Speed and Ease: the app is extremely quick and simple to user for both businesses and users as it’s a one click check in system with no “log-in” requirements
- Data Management: the app is highly secure and data is automatically deleted after 21 days. Users can also delete their own check in data at any point
- Cost: there is no cost to generate a QR code or for the user to download the app
How to download your QR code
- Go to www.gov.uk/create-coronavirus-qr-poster
- To register, enter your contact details including your name and email address
- The website will send a verification code to your email address
- Enter your verification code into the website form – this will allow you to continue with registration
- Next enter your venue/business name and address and continue
- Once all your details have been entered and accepted, you will receive an email with the QR code poster
- Download and print the poster for display. If you do not have access to a printer, you can display your QR code poster at your venue using digital signage. For example, a TV screen or iPad. If you do not have these then contact your local library who can print it for you for. For more information go to https://covid19.nhs.uk/venue-check-in-businesses.html
- Display your poster in a visible place – visitors will then be able to scan the poster to check in
Please visit www.covid19.nhs.uk for the latest information on the Test and Trace app.
To download resources in additional languages visit our resources page.