Support with Adult Social Care debt

We want to help you resolve any outstanding invoices or concerns that you have.

Paying for Adults Social Care

Adult Social Care services are means tested and are not free. The means test is also known as a financial assessment. The invoices that you receive are the outcome of the financial assessment process.

We recognise that there is a financial pressure on our residents so it is important that you let us know as soon as possible if you are struggling to pay for your adult social care services. We are happy to talk about options available such as an affordable repayment plans or putting you in contact with a qualified money adviser. If you ignore letters this could lead to legal action, so it is important that you contact us early on so we can help you.

How we can help

We are here to provide support and advice to try to resolve issues around money and debt for you and may be able to offer assistance in one or more of the following ways;

  • Completing forms - a Visiting Officer may be able to come to you
  • Identifying benefits, you might be entitled to
  • If English is not your first language, then we can translate important information for you
  • If you have a visual impairment, we can provide important information in a format that suits you
  • Discussing payment plans that might be available to you

What if I can’t pay what I owe?

If you cannot pay what you owe, then you may want to seek independent debt advice. Please do not ignore requests for payment towards your adult social care costs. There are organisations who can help and they are usually free providing information and help over the telephone, online or face-to-face. The Government has also introduced a scheme called Breathing Space, which may be able to help you.

How can you pay the money owed

Direct Debit is the easiest way to pay for your care. We will arrange to collect payments as and when they they are due and if you have arrears on your account, we can discuss the possibility of arranging to clear these in instalments although this would be subject to further checks. If you would like to pay by bank transfer then payment can be made using the following account details;

  • Lloyds Bank PLC
  • Sort code: 30-00-02
  • Account number: 00879113

Please include your invoice number in the payment reference and email the remittance advice to

To make your payment at the bank, you will need the Bank Giro Credit slip at the bottom of your invoice. You will also need to quote your invoice number

If you are making an automated telephone payment, you can pay using a debit card by contacting our dedicated payments line on 020 8430 2000. Select option 1, then option 2 (make a payment) and then option 3 (central invoicing). You will need to provide your 12-digit invoice number beginning with 61 or 62. You can find this on the front of your invoice.

Visit our debt and advice pages where you can find more information about the support available to you.