What is Co-Production?
It means working together on an equal basis.
In Newham this includes:
It allows you to be involved in every aspect of a service, including it's:
The Benefit of Co-Production
Everyone in Newham is given an opportunity to have a say and to be part of important decisions on a range of services. For our residents we help to ensure our services are:
- Fit for purpose
- Developed using first-hand experiences
- Demonstrating that value is being placed on their feedback
- Meeting needs
- Creating relationships by working in partnership to identify challenges and solutions.
How Newham Council support Co-Production
Newham Council has a well-established Co-Production structure, which:
- Is supported by an in-house Co-Production Team and a number of external providers
- Ensures a consistent approach to engagement with residents.
The Co-Production team and residents organize events throughout the year to promote health and social care related issues. Our events include:
- Learning Disability Awareness Week
- World Mental Health Day
- Autism Awareness Week
- Mental Health Awareness Week
- The International Day of Disabled People.
Below is a short video showcasing what the Co-Production team does.