What is Co-Production?
It means working together on an equal basis.
In Newham this includes:
- Service users
It allows you to be involved in every aspect of a service, Including service:
The Benefit of Co-Production
Everyone in Newham is given an opportunity to have a say and be part of important decisions on a range of services. For our residents we ensure our services are:
- Doing what they have to do, legally
- Fit for purpose
- Accessing their first-hand experiences
- Demonstrating value is being placed on their views
- Meeting their needs
- Accessible to those who need them
- Creating strong effective relationships by working together to identify challenges and solutions.
Co-Production has been helping to increase the openness and trust between Newham council and it's residents since 2007.
How Newham council support Co-Production
Newham council has a well-established Co-Production structure, which:
- Is made up of an in-house Co-Production Team and a number of external providers
- Ensures that there is a consistent approach to engagement with residents.
Newham Adults Co-Production Forum
One of the key structures for engagement and decision making. In order to work on important health and social care issues, the Forum brings together:
- Resident user-led groups based in Newham
- Council staff
- The Newham Clinical Commissioning Group (NCCG)
- Other stakeholders such as Healthwatch Newham.
The Forum directs the work of numerous task groups and feeds into the Health and Well Being Board, chaired by The Mayor, and is the key health and social care decision making body in the borough.
The Co-Production team and residents organize events throughout the year to promote health and social care related issues. Our events include:
- Learning Disability Awareness Week
- World Mental Health Day
- Autism Awareness Week
- Mental Health Awareness Week
- The International Day of Disabled People.
Below is a short video showcasing what the Co-Production team does.