Staying well during winter

Staying healthy


If you feel unwell speak to your pharmacist for advice. Your local pharmacist can provide advice and over-the-counter medicines for a range of minor illnesses, such as coughs, colds, sore throats and general aches and pains.  

If symptoms suggest it's something more serious, pharmacists have the right training to make sure you get the help you need. For example they will tell you if you need to see a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional.

You can also contact your GP about ongoing health complications and symptoms. If you need more advice or help, you can call NHS 111 or visit for details of local services. If you have a medical emergency (difficulty breathing, chest pain or an accident), call 999 or visit your nearest A&E department.

Find out more about how you can stay healthy during winter