Disabled parking permits
If you have a disabled resident bay assigned to your property and you hold a disabled blue badge, you can apply for a disabled resident parking permit.
There will be no emissions based charge applied to disabled parking permits which will remain free.
Disabled resident permits are not valid for vehicles which exceed 2.3m in height and/or 5.3m in length. It is solely the responsibility of the disabled permit applicant to ensure that the vehicle for which they are applying for a permit does not exceed these dimensions. If any vehicle is found to be in breach of these dimensions the permit which has been applied for will be invalid and subject to cancellation which will mean that the vehicle can be enforced against.
Before you begin your application for a disabled resident parking permit, you will need to:
- Ensure the vehicle you are applying for is registered in your name and at the address where you will be using the permit
- You have already successfully qualified for a disabled resident bay and it has been installed.
- If you are the vehicles registered keeper or owner upload a copy of your UK Vehicle Registration document (V5C or log book) or Motability Certificate (not the Motability insurance). The copy uploaded to the system must clearly show that you are the registered keeper or motability customer so please ensure it states your name and address.
- If the vehicle has been recently purchased and you are unable to provide a DVLA V5C form in your name and address then a proof of purchase invoice can be submitted. This invoice must be on headed stationery and hand written documents will not be accepted. The applicant will be expected to provide the Council with a copy of their new V5C form as soon as possible.
- Non-registered keepers - a lease or hire agreement. Hand written documents will not be accepted
- Company vehicles - UK Vehicle Registration Document (V5C or logbook) or lease/hire agreement; and a letter from your employer on headed paper dated within the last three months that confirms your employment, name, address and vehicle registration. Hand written documents will not be accepted
- Proof of address. This proof should be the name of the registered keeper/leaseholder of the vehicle requiring the permit or in the name of the employee if a company vehicle: Acceptable proofs of residency are: Council Tax bill which must be valid for the current financial year, utility bill or bank statement (dated within the last three months) or a tenancy agreement covering the current financial year. If the property has been recently purchased a mortgage offer letter or completion of sale letter, on headed stationery, from a solicitor dated within the last 6mths. Hand written documents will not be accepted
When renewing your permit you must select a start date for your new permit to begin. The MiPermit Newham system will default to today’s date on the application page. Please ensure this is updated if you require your permit to start from a later date. You will only be able to renew your permit up to four weeks in advance.
It is the vehicle owner/keeper’s sole responsibility to ensure that their vehicle is fully covered by a valid permit, active virtual permit or blue badge before leaving it parked on the public highway during the resident parking zone (RPZ) restricted hours. The RPZ restricted hours are displayed on the entry signs at the start of a zone or you can find details on the following Resident parking zones (RPZ) page.
Failure to display a valid permit or have an active virtual permit or blue badge will be subject to a penalty charge notice being issued and possible further enforcement action being taken such as removal of the vehicle to the Councils car pound.
If you require assistance with a disabled permit application please call MiPermit - 0345 520 7007 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday or visit one of our libraries.