Newham’s planning enforcement team investigate a range of breaches of planning permission, building control and other conservation issues.
Things we investigate and enforce:
- Building or engineering work without permission
- Changing the use of land or buildings without permission
- Not meeting planning conditions
- Working on a listing building without consent
- Displaying advertisements (or hoardings) without consent
- Land or buildings which have, due to their condition, become a problem for local people and businesses – for example vandalised, abandoned and derelict buildings.
Things planning enforcement can't help you with
Boundary or party-wall disputes
We cannot help you with these types of dispute, for example where there is a shared boundary and a new extension intrudes onto land next door. Contact the Citizen’s Advice Bureau for more information.
Blocked drives or access
This type of problem might involve a shared driveway or private access road. It is illegal to block a highway of any kind and if you see this kind of behaviour, please contact the Metropolitan Police.