As an employer, you must:
- Make the workplace safe and eliminate or control risks to health
- Make sure that work equipment and machinery are safe and that safe systems of work are set and followed
- Make sure that equipment, materials and controlled substances are moved, stored and used safely
- Provide adequate welfare facilities such as rest and eating areas, toilets and wash basins, adequate lighting and ventilation and well-maintained work premises and equipment
- Give workers the information, instruction, training and supervision necessary for their health and safety
- Consult your employees on health and safety matters.
Report accidents at work online
Fatalities and major injuries must be reported by phoning the Incident Contact Centre or using the HSE’s out of hours service. All other accidents can be reported via the Health and Safety Executive website.