Terms and conditions for bulky waste collection
Terms and conditions
1. By making a booking for a bulky waste collection, residents are giving authorisation to Newham Council (LBN) to collect corresponding items from their property.
2. Each property is entitled to two free bulky waste collections between 1 April and 31 March each year from 1 April 2020.
3. After the second request for a bulky waste collection a charge of £20 applies for each additional booked bulky waste collection on or after 1 April 2020. This charge is payable online by credit or debit card.
4. The £20 charge is non-refundable and the request for collection cannot be amended.
5. Bulky waste items must be presented within the boundary of the resident’s property in an external location within 10m of an accessible carriageway.
6. Bulky waste items should be presented for collection as soon as a collection has been booked, but not before.
7. If items are not presented in time for the booked collection, a new collection booking will need to be made by the resident and will result in either another of the two free collections being used or an additional charged collection of £20 will be made where all the free collections have been used by the property.
8. If items are removed from the property by the resident or a third party prior to LBN undertaking the collection, the request will still count towards the two free collections per annum and there will be no refund of the charge provided where applicable.
9. A bulky waste collection can consist of up to six items. There is no increase in the number of free collections or a reduction in the £20 charge for booking fewer than six items for a collection.
10. Additional waste items cannot be added to a bulky waste collection after it has been booked. Residents needing to have more items collected must book and either use one of their two free collections or pay for an additional collection.
11. Residents may not have more than one bulky waste collection outstanding at any time.
12. LBN aims to make all booked collections within two working days, but reserves the right to make collections within five working days of a booking.
13. Bookings for bulky waste collections will only be taken online from Newham residents relating to household waste generated in and presented at their sole/main place of residence. Bookings are not taking from private landlords of premises that are rented out to tenants, nor from managing agents of estates or blocks of flats.
14. Residents must ensure that items booked for a bulky waste collection are kept separate from any other items on their property. LBN accepts no responsibility for the removal of non-waste items placed on or amongst bulky waste items awaiting a booked collection.