How the service works
*Bulky waste collections are suspended due to staff shortages because of COVID 19. If you cannot safely store this waste at home then you can take it to the Jenkins Lane Re-use and Recycling Centre.
- If you’re a Newham resident you can have your bulky waste collected for £20.
- We’ll take up to six items per collection. If you have more than 6 items you will need to book a second collection.
- We aim to collect your items in two working days.
- We may collect your items at different times using different vehicles, for example fridges are collected separately to enable us to recycle them.
When to put your items out for collection
- Put your bulky items in your front garden as soon as you’ve booked your collection with the reference number. We may collect them straight away.
- Please don’t put your items out before you have booked a collection.
You must have a valid reference number before you put rubbish anywhere in your front garden other than in the bin. If you don't, you could receive a £110 penalty fine. Find out more about how we enforce rubbish in front gardens.
If you don’t have a front garden, leave bulky items for a booked collection next to your rubbish bin, ensuring that you’re not blocking any paths or pavements.
If you live in a block of flats, ask your caretaker or housing manager about where to leave bulky items for a booked collection.
Make sure the items can be clearly seen and we can remove them safely.