How the service works
- If you’re a Newham resident you can have your bulky waste collected for £20.
- We’ll take up to six items per collection. If you have more than 6 items you will need to book a second collection.
- We aim to collect your items in two working days.
- We may collect your items at different times using different vehicles, for example fridges are collected separately to enable us to recycle them.
When to put your items out for collection
- Put your bulky items in your front garden as soon as you’ve booked your collection with the reference number. We may collect them straight away.
- Please don’t put your items out before you have booked a collection.
You must have a valid reference number before you put rubbish anywhere in your front garden other than in the bin. If you don't, you could receive a £110 penalty fine. Find out more about how we enforce rubbish in front gardens.
If you don’t have a front garden, leave bulky items for a booked collection next to your rubbish bin, ensuring that you’re not blocking any paths or pavements.
If you live in a block of flats, ask your caretaker or housing manager about where to leave bulky items for a booked collection.
Make sure the items can be clearly seen and we can remove them safely.