Apply for a road closure
How to ask for a road to be closed in Newham
You can ask for a road to be closed for:
- Works that are being or will take place near a road
- Work that may be dangerous to the public
- Filming and special events such as street parties and parades.
These are known as Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders (TTRO) and Special Events Orders (SEO).
- For road closures of up to 5 days and film notices for a 24hour period there is a 10 working day lead time from application.
- For road closures of over five days, Film orders (up to 7 days) and special events there is an eight week lead time due to the requirements to advertise the TTRO in the local newspaper.
- Any Compounds, Flying Compounds, Cranes, Pit Lanes, Mobile Apparatus on the public highway and cranes that oversail the public highway all require a licence these can be obtained by filling in the relevant form below and sending them to the email below. These also require a 10 working day lead time to process the application.
For Hoardings, Skips and Scaffolds, please see the Building skips and scaffold permissions page.
If you would like a road to be closed for work taking place near a road or for filming or a special event, or need one of the licenses mentioned please download and fill in the relevant application form and email the form to [email protected]
Please note that, due to Covid19 & remote working we are not currently office based, any postal applications will be delayed in reaching us and may not get actioned quickly. Forms