Apply for a road closure
How to ask for a road to be closed in Newham
You can ask for a road to be closed for:
- Works that are being or will take place near a road
- Work that may be dangerous to the public
- Filming and special events such as street parties and parades.
These are known as Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders (TTRO) and Special Events Orders (SEO).
If you are thinking of holding a Street Party or parade or other local event this may be assisted through the council’s Let’s get the party started grant. For more information, please visit our Let's get the party started page.
- For road closures of up to 5 days and film notices for a 24hour period there is a 10 working day lead time from application.
- For road closures of over five days, Film orders (up to 7 days) and special events there is an eight week lead time due to the requirements to advertise the TTRO in the local newspaper.
- Any Compounds, Flying Compounds, Cranes, Pit Lanes, Mobile Apparatus on the public highway and cranes that oversail the public highway all require a licence these can be obtained by filling in the relevant form below and sending them to the email below. These also require a 10 working day lead time to process the application.
For Hoardings, Skips and Scaffolds, please see the Building skips and scaffold permissions page.
If you would like a road to be closed for work taking place near a road or for filming or a special event, or need one of the licenses mentioned please download and fill in the relevant application form and email the form to [email protected]