warning icon
Essential maintenance this weekend to our housing management system
​Housing rent account balances and some online customer forms will be unavailable via MyNewham on Sunday 18 November between 7 - 10am.

Customers can still make payments, but online account balances will not be updated until Monday 19 November 2018. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.​​​

Over State Pension age

The age at which you reach State Pension age is gradually changing for some people.  Find out when you will reach State Pension age.

State Pension

State Pension is a regular payment you can get if you have reached State Pension age and made enough National Insurance contributions or are treated as though you have made enough because, for example, you were caring for any children.

Pension Credit

Pension Credit is a regular payment you may be able to get if you have reached Pension Credit age and are on a low income.

Over 80 Pension

Over 80 Pension is a regular payment you may be able to get if you are 80 or over and get little or no State Pension. You do not need to have paid National Insurance contributions.

Survivors Benefits

Survivors Benefits (including War Widow(er)'s Pension) include one-off and regular payments you may be able to get, whatever age you are, if your spouse or partner died as a result of service in HM Armed Forces.

Winter Fuel Payment

Winter Fuel Payment is a yearly winter payment you may get if you are 60 or over. 

Cold Weather Payment

Cold Weather Payment is a winter payment you may get if you are getting certain income-related benefits (such as Pension Credit) and it is very cold in your area for some time.
You do not need to claim Cold Weather Payment, you should get it automatically if you are eligible.

Freedom Pass

Freedom Pass can give you free travel on almost all public transport in London if you are older or disabled.

Health costs

You can get free prescriptions and sight tests.

Get more information on help with health costs.
There is more useful information on money matters in the Money Advice Service’s guide to pensions and retirement.

Back to top