Register with Workplace
Fill in our online registration form and find out what documents you must bring with you to Newham Workplace.
Fill in the registration form
To register with Workplace, you must:
- currently live in Newham
- be allowed to work in the UK
- and have recourse to public funds
Our short registration form will tell us who you are, and whether or not you are eligible to register with Workplace.
After you submit the form, we will contact you to arrange a time for you to come into Workplace to complete your registration.
Documents you must bring with you
To register with Workplace, you will need to provide:
- one proof of ID and eligibility to work in the UK
- one proof of address (under 3 months)
- one proof of National Insurance number.
Stand alone documents
One of these seven documents is enough to show your proof of ID and entitlement to work in the UK:
- a current UK passport showing that you are a British or Republic of Ireland citizen
- a current EU/EEA passport or national identity card
- a current residence permit, registration certificate document or document that allows permanent residence issued by the Home Office
- a biometric residence permit issued by the Home Office
- a work permit
- a passport endorsed by the Home Office with indefinite leave to remain
- a passport or other travel document endorsed to show that the holder can stay in the UK and that they are exempt from immigration control
- an application registration card issued by the Home Office to an asylum seeker which states that the bearer may take employment.
If you are unable to provide a stand alone document, you can bring a combination of documents.
This includes one of the following documents to show your National Insurance number:
- National Insurance card
- P45 or P60
- a letter issued from a government department such as the Department for Work and Pensions or HM Revenue and Customs
- Job Seekers Allowance letter, benefit statement, Income Support letter or Child Tax Credit letter.
Plus any one of the following:
- full UK birth or adoption certificate with parents' names
- UK certificate of naturalisation
- Home Office letter which shows that you may remain in the UK indefinitely or have no limit on your stay in the UK
- Home Office issued certificate of application
- immigration status document issued by the Home Office that shows that you are allowed to work and stay in the UK.
- bank statement
- utility bill (gas, electric or water)
- Council Tax bill or letter.
- National Insurance card (not handwritten)
- P45 or P60
- letter from HM Revenue, Department for Work and Pensions or Job Centre Plus that contains your National Insurance number.
112-118 The Grove Stratford
020 3373 1101