Hardship support

Who can get Hardship support?

You can apply for Our Newham Hardship Support if you:

  • Are aged over 16 and the person liable for the household bills.
  • Are a Newham resident or have been place out of Borough by Newham temporary accommodation.
  • Have less than £1000 in savings on the day before the last main payment (Universal Credit/wages).
  • Are in receipt* of a qualifying benefit such as:
  • Income Support
  • Universal Credit
  • Income Related
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Housing Benefit

Our Newham Money Hardship Support Scheme is discretionary, which means that, unlike other benefits you do not have a legal right to get help. If you are in severe need but you think you don’t meet the criteria you should still contact us.