Blue badge fraud
Misuse of the disabled parking badge – also known as the blue badge – allows fraudsters to avoid paying parking charges and the central London congestion charge.
Fraudsters are also stopping others who are in genuine need using parking spaces.
The most common types of fraud include:
- Forged badges such as scans or photocopies
- Selling lost or stolen badges on the black market
- Using the badge even though the disabled person it belongs to is not present
- Using the badge after the badge holder has died
- Faking or exaggerating a disability to get a blue badge.