Housing Benefit fraud
Housing Benefit fraud includes:
- Failing to declare income from employment, a student loan or bursary, occupational pensions or tax credits
- Not declaring savings, investments or property you own
- Not living at the property when you say you do
- Claiming in more than one identity
- Not declaring that you are living with a partner who is working
- Declaring that you are living on your own when you are living with a partner
- Falsifying the details of your pay
- Failing to declare a private or occupational pension
- Claiming Housing Benefit on a property that you own.
If you receive housing benefit, you must tell us about any changes in your circumstances.