Children in Care and Care Leavers

Why your social worker changes

When you first come into care your social worker will be from the Assessment Team or the Intervention Team. These are the social workers who work with children who have been taken into care or children who are still living with their families but are having problems at home.

If you stay in care, you will be transferred to a social worker from the Children Looked After Team (CLA).

You will get a different social worker if your social worker leaves his or her job.