Apply for or renew a Blue Badge
If you meet the criteria you can apply for or renew a Blue Badge online through GOV.UK
When applying for a Blue Badge or renewing an expired one, you will need to make a £10 administration payment. We will contact you to process the payment once your blue badge is approved.
Before you start
To apply for a Blue Badge you will need:
- The details of your current Blue Badge (if you have one)
- A colour passport sized and quality photograph
- Proof of address such as, a current council tax or utility bill, or bank statement (dated within the last 3 months)
- Proof of identification such as, a passport or driving licence.
You will also need up to date supporting evidence such as a letter confirming:
- The current status of your Disability Living Allowance (Higher Rate Mobility),
- That you are receiving a Personal Independence Payment with a point score of 8 or above for 'Moving Around' or 10 for 'Planning and Following a journey' for the reason that you cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress.
If you need an up to date copy of either of these letters, call 08457 123 456.
If you do not have any of these letters you may provide evidence of your condition such as:
- A letter of diagnosis, as up-to-date as possible
- Evidence of the progression of the condition over time
- Confirmation of ongoing treatments / clinic attendances, or referral for such
- Evidence of prescribed medication relevant to the condition
- Evidence of specialist consultations, or referral for such
- Patient Summary or Summary Care Records
- Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP)
- Care Plans from social care teams
- Social housing letters / assessment reports from a local authority
- Letters from other professionals involved in your care.
When completing the online application, please provide us with an email address so that we can notify you of the outcome of your application and also email you renewal reminders.
To avoid any delay in processing your application, the above documents must be uploaded on the online application form. When you are uploading evidence such as a letter, ensure you include all pages of the letter.
After you apply
We will assess your application and advise you whether or not you qualify for a Blue Badge. To do this we must have your required documents. Your application will be assessed within 12 weeks of us receiving it. We will notify you of the outcome by email or in writing.