In partnership with the HumanKind Charity, Newham council is:
- Raising awareness of how alcohol affects health in the borough
- Helping residents to think about their drinking
- Helping residents access help if they need it.
Alcohol can affect health in a number of ways, including:
- Cause of accidents and injuries
- Liver disease
- Memory loss
- Sexual difficulties
- Contribute to weight gain.
You can also download the Drink Coach App to keep track of alcohol intake, available for download on IOS and Android phones and tablets.
Benefits of the app include:
- Unit, cost and calorie counter
- Mindfulness videos
- Goal tracker