Home and Settle Service
Age UK East London provides a Home and Settle Service on behalf of and in partnership with the Council and Newham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). This is a non-chargeable support service for Newham residents.
The service supports residents with low to moderate social care needs aged 18+ by facilitating early discharge, where the delay is due to domestic arrangements.
The service meets residents on their arrival home from the hospital and helps them settle back into their home and normal routine.
The service is delivered from the day the resident is discharged for up to four weeks, dependent on need and may involve:
- Ensuring the home is adequately lit and heated (e.g. switching on the heating, topping-up the electric / gas*, etc.)
- Obtaining any immediate food shopping*
- Making a snack and drink / meal preparation
- Light housekeeping (e.g. changing bed linen, clothes and linen washing, tidying up, etc.)
- Assistance with medication self-management (e.g. collecting hospital prescriptions, purchasing a dossett box for Customer use*, etc.)
- Supporting self-care confidence
- Simple form-filling
- Where appropriate, signposting to the Falls Prevention Clinic (to reduce falls)
- Where appropriate, sign-posting to the Council’s Sensory Team (for advice about equipment that may help with day to day tasks)
- Where appropriate, signposting to community-based support services (to reduce isolation)
- Where appropriate offer simple public health messages such as stop smoking, remaining active, healthy eating, immunisations and support the signposting to such services.
*paid for by the resident