Support near you
Did you know that you're up to 4 times more likely to quit successfully with expert help and advice?
Advice and support to quit smoking is available from a number of community pharmacies across Newham. Find the closest community pharmacy near you. You can also access the Stop Smoking London website or call their helpline to begin your stop smoking journey. There are also online support tools to help you quit.
The Mayor appoints elected councillors to the cabinet to help her make decisions.
You can access your quit smoking support from your local community pharmacy?
Find your nearest pharmacy
Their weekly face to face service includes:
- Personalised advice and support on how to stop smoking
- Individually tailored treatment plan that includes setting a quit date
- Access to NHS approved medications, including Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) like patches, gum and lozenges*
- Follow-ups for at least the first four weeks of stopping smoking
- Regular carbon monoxide monitoring
- Up to 12 weeks support.
* Treatments are free if you are entitled to free prescriptions, otherwise you will need to pay a prescription charge.
Community Pharmacy smoking cessation services will continue during the coronavirus outbreak but with some changes. Consultations will not be provided face to face in a consultation room but are likely to be carried out by telephone and Carbon Monoxide monitoring will not be taking place during the outbreak. Please talk to your community pharmacy team about how they can support you during this time. Community pharmacy teams are exceptionally busy and are facing unprecedented levels of demands for their services so please be patient.
Stop Smoking London (SSL)
Stop Smoking London are here to help you on your stop smoking journey. Visit their website or call the Helpline now on 0300 123 1044.
The Helpline is available seven days a week and at the following times:
- Monday to Fridays – 9am to 8pm
- Saturday and Sunday – 11am – 4pm
- Telephone Support Service – this is a 28-day support service for London callers including pregnant smokers. You will receive calls from a specially trained advisor who can give you personalised advice and support on how to stop smoking. Simply call the SSL Helpline, 0300 123 1044 to being this journey.
- Text Messaging Service – you can receive motivational text messages which give you the information, support, and reminders that you need to successfully stop smoking for good. This remote service is available in English, Polish, Turkish, Romanian and Urdu.
Stop Smoking London is continuing to provide all their services during this time.
Support tools to help you quit
The NHS has a variety of online tools to help you quit.
NHS Smokefree app can help you stop smoking by providing daily support and motivation. If you stay smokefree for the 4-week programme you're up to 5 times more likely to quit for good. Plus, you can track the days you've been smokefree and see how much you're saving!
Download the app here
Daily email support
Stay focused on quitting with support sent straight to your inbox. The Smokefree emails, sent every day for 28 days, are full of advice, tips and encouragement to help you achieve your goal.
Sign up for Smokefree email support
Social media is a great way to swap stories, experience and advice with others who are trying to quit smoking, just like you.
Join the conversation on Facebook
Personal Quit Plan
You're more likely to stop smoking with the right support. Create your own Personal Quit Plan in just 3 easy steps to find the combination of support that's right for you.
Create a Personal Quit Plan
Online resources continue to be available during this time.