The Local Plan
The Local Plan sets out a vision and framework for development in the borough. It is the starting point for considering whether planning applications can be approved. Along with the London Plan, the Local Plan forms the Development Plan against which individual proposals are assessed.
- Newham Local Plan 2018 (PDF)
- Local Plan Policies Map 2018 (PDF)
- Local Plan Adoption Statement (PDF)
- Inspector’s Report (2018 Local Plan) (PDF)
- Local Plan Integrated Impact Assessment (IIA) (PDF) including Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) (PDF)
In formally adopting the Local Plan (2018), the London Borough of Newham Local Plan: Core Strategy (adopted January 2012) and Local Plan: Detailed Sites and Policies Development Plan Document (adopted 20 October 2016) have been formally withdrawn.
The Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation DPD (2017) provides policy to determine any planning application for Gypsy and Traveller accommodation.
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Development Plan Document (PDF)
- Inspector's Report GTADPD (PDF)
- GTADPD Adoption Statement (PDF)
- GTADPD Integrated Impact Assessment (PDF)
The Joint Waste Plan (2012) was produced in partnership with the four East London Waste Authority Boroughs - it sets out how we will deal with waste generated in the sub-region up to 2021.
- Joint Waste DPD (PDF)
- Joint Waste DPD Adoption Statement (PDF)
- Joint Waste DPD Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement (PDF)
Local Plan policies map
The Local Plan policies map 2018 (PDF) shows where area based policies apply as set out in the Local Plan, as well as sites are identified for certain uses. To understand the Policies Map it needs to be read in conjunction with the Local Plan (2018)