Free help to quit smoking in Newham
Did you know that you're up to 4 times more likely to quit successfully with expert help and advice?
Advice and support to quit smoking is available from;
Newham Stop Smoking Service (Free)
Call: 020 7882 8230 / 0800 169 1943
Email: [email protected]
Queen Mary University of London provide free stop smoking support for Newham residents. This includes:
- A 12 week plan with direct support from a trained practitioner.
- Weekly Nicotine Replacement Therapy, Champix and Electronic Cigarettes (up to 8 weeks).
- Telephone and/or digital support.
- Covid Secure face-to-face support available at a location near you (subject to the latest local and national guidance).
- Support is available in English, Bengali, Urdu, Gujrati and Lithuanian
Community pharmacies across Newham
You can also access your quit smoking support from your local community pharmacy. Find your nearest pharmacy
Their weekly face to face service includes:
- Personalised advice and support on how to stop smoking
- Individually tailored treatment plan that includes setting a quit date
- Access to NHS approved medications, including Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) like patches, gum and lozenges*
- Follow-ups for at least the first four weeks of stopping smoking
- Regular carbon monoxide monitoring
- Up to 12 weeks support.
* Treatments are free if you are entitled to free prescriptions, otherwise you will need to pay a prescription charge.
Find your nearest pharmacy
COVID-19 Update Stop Smoking Services and Pharmacy Providers will resume Covid Secure face-to-face consultation in the New Year if it is safe to do so.
Stop Smoking London (SSL)
Stop Smoking London are here to help you on your stop smoking journey. Visit their website or call the Helpline now on 0300 123 1044.
The Helpline is available seven days a week and at the following times:
- Monday to Fridays - 9am to 8pm
- Saturday and Sunday - 11am - 4pm
- Telephone Support Service - this is a 28-day support service for London callers including pregnant smokers. You will receive calls from a specially trained advisor who can give you personalised advice and support on how to stop smoking. Simply call the SSL Helpline, 0300 123 1044 to being this journey.
- Text Messaging Service - you can receive motivational text messages which give you the information, support, and reminders that you need to successfully stop smoking for good. This remote service is available in English, Polish, Turkish, Romanian and Urdu.
Stop Smoking London is continuing to provide all their services during this time.
Support tools to help you quit
The NHS has a variety of online tools to help you quit.
NHS Smokefree app
NHS Smoke free app can help you stop smoking by providing daily support and motivation. If you stay smoke free for the 4-week programme you're up to 5 times more likely to quit for good. Plus, you can track the days you've been smoke free and see how much you're saving!
Download the app here
Daily email support
Stay focused on quitting with support sent straight to your inbox. The Smokefree emails, sent every day for 28 days, are full of advice, tips and encouragement to help you achieve your goal.
Sign up for Smokefree email support.
Social media is a great way to swap stories, experience and advice with others who are trying to quit smoking, just like you.
Join the conversation on Facebook.
Join the Smoke Free Community or sign up to their Smoke Free app.
Personal Quit Plan
You're more likely to stop smoking with the right support. Create your own Personal Quit Plan in just 3 easy steps to find the combination of support that's right for you.
Create a Personal Quit Plan