Licences for animal related businesses

Licence to move animals

To control disease in animals, there are rules about moving cattle, sheep, deer, pigs and goats.

You may move cattle, sheep, and goats if you have a general licence from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA). 

For licences to move animals, and for more information about animal movement go to the DEFRA website, where you will also find details of the electronic system for pigs (e-AML2). 

DEFRA also has a helpline for advice: 03459 335 577.