Council Tax Reduction

How and when you will receive your Council Tax Reduction 

When we receive your claim or details of a change of circumstances and any supporting information we will decide if you are entitled to a Council Tax Reduction. We will use your Council Tax Reduction award to reduce the amount of Council Tax you have to pay.

If you are entitled to a Council Tax Reduction the amount will be shown on your bill. If you are not entitled we will email you.

If you want more detailed information about your award and how it was calculated you can access your CTR entitlement letters online via Manage your claim.

If your Council Tax Reduction doesn't cover the whole of your council tax bill you will have to make arrangements with us to pay the rest of your council tax. You can find out more information on how to pay here Council tax – Newham Council.