Home exchange

Finding an exchange

If you are a Newham Council tenant you can register for a mutual exchange with Choice Based Lettings 

Exchanges using Choice Based Lettings' website usually take place in Newham or with partner boroughs. This service is free of charge.

Tenants also advertise for mutual exchanges in shop windows or by word of mouth. If you would like to look for an exchange either in Newham or another borough you can sign up at HomeSwapper.

There is a charge for using the HomeSwapper service which you must pay yourself.

Once you have been approved for exchange, your details will be included on the mutual exchange register and you may be contacted by interested parties or you may contact suitable exchange partners.

Does the exchange have to be only between two tenants?

You can swap a tenancy in a chain with more than one partner, such as a three-way exchange.