Home exchange

Homes adapted for a wheelchair user

If you need a wheelchair accessible home apply for a housing exchange in the usual way.

Note, you will only be able to apply for an adapted property if a member of your household needs and uses a wheelchair, and your exchange partner no longer needs the adapted property.

If you no longer need a wheelchair accessible home

If you live in, but do not need a home that is accessible for wheelchairs, you could move to a different property and help another family with a disabled person. If we can use your home, we will help you to move quickly and also help you financially.

To qualify, your home must be fully adapted for a wheelchair and approved by an occupational therapist.

If you would like us to consider your home, you must apply to join the housing register. Make sure you tell us on the form that you would like to move out of property that is accessible for wheelchairs.