Training and career progression
We offer excellent opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and experience of working in a dynamic and progressive setting.
Our offer includes:
- Membership of Making Research Count and Care knowledge which provides a wide range of evidence-informed practice and resources
- Opportunity to work in a wide range of roles where you can develop knowledge and expertise alongside the provision of mandatory and non-mandatory training days and mentoring/shadowing arrangements
- Access to a wide range of courses to apply for via the Apprenticeship route that all staff can access
- Opportunity to apply for an externally accredited qualification to further enhance your career
- Opportunity to take up the Practice Educator role (teaching students as part of the teaching partnership)
- Best Interest Assesor and Approved Mental Health Professional training opportunities for Social Workers
- Peer supervision sessions and reflective practice
- Monthly case and development supervision.
Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) for Newly Qualified Social Workers (NQSWs)
AYSE is a national framework which aims to ensure that NQSWs receive consistent support in their first year of employment so that they are able to become confident, competent social work professionals. It is a 12 month employer- led support programme that provides NQSWs with a structured programme of induction into professional social work.
The programme offers many benefits including:
A personalised training and development plan
1:1 support from trained and experienced ASYE assessor
Protected development time
Internal Moderation Panel
Clear appeals process
Career conversation at the end of the programme
London Borough of Newham is part of the North East London Teaching Partnership (NELTP).
NELTP provides practitioners with:
- The opportunity to work alongside academics to deliver a teaching sessions in their area of expertise
- The opportunity to attend and participate in academic activities such as, attending an accredited module relevant to social care , an admission day or participating in Skills Development Days or Practice Education Panels
- Regular updates on various opportunities and recorded webinars.