Bank holiday parking
Some parking restrictions still apply on bank holidays and are enforceable. Find out where you can and can’t park on bank holidays in Newham.
Where can I park for free on bank holidays?
- In on-street permit parking bays
- In on-street pay by phone bays
- In shared use bays. This is a bay where a permit and/or payment by phone are both valid
NB Normal charges apply in Council car parks on Bank Holidays & Public Holidays
Which restrictions still apply on bank holidays?
- Event day restrictions
- Disabled resident bay restrictions
- Disabled bay restrictions
- Car club bay restrictions
- Doctors bay restrictions
- Bus lane restrictions
- No entry
- Pedestrian zone restrictions
- Illegal parking on footways
- Illegal parking across dropped kerbs ( residential and pedestrian)
- Making illegal banned turns or driving in the wrong direction
- Illegal stopping in yellow box junctions
- Loading/unloading bay restrictions
If your vehicle is parked in any of the above mentioned parking bays on a bank holiday or is breaching any of the above restrictions, you can be issued with a penalty charge notice and your vehicle may also be removed to the Newham vehicle car pound.
Do yellow line restrictions still apply on bank holidays?
Single yellow line restrictions still apply on bank holidays. The restrictions for yellow lines can be found on time plates by the side of the road.
Double yellow line restrictions still apply on bank holidays. Double yellow lines are enforceable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.