warning icon
Essential maintenance to Newham website and My Newham from 28 - 29 February Newham Website and My Newham will be unavailable between 5pm Friday 28 Feb and 2pm Saturday 29 Feb while we carry out essential maintenance work. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.​

Customers can still make payments, but online account balances will not be available

Road problems

Tell us about a pothole, damaged manhole cover or other road problem.

Tell us about a road problem

Use our road problem form to report a:
  • pothole
  • damaged gully or drain cover
  • damaged utility cover
  • damage to a kerb
  • a problem with road markings.

Looking to report another type of problem? Try one of our other online forms.

Before you report 

Check whether the problem is on a red route such as the A13 or A406. You should report any problems with a red route directly to Transport for London.

What happens next

We will inspect the problem within two working days and carry out any repairs that are our responsibility within 28 days.

If you log in or register for a My Newham account when you report the road problem, you can track our progress as we work to fix it. We will also be able to contact you if we need any further information.


Other problems that may affect the road

Looking to report another problem online? We have a range of forms to help you report other issues that may affect the road.

You can report:


Back to top