Problems bidding for a property
There may be a number of reasons you are unable to bid for a property. It could be that you are:
- Trying to bid outside of the bidding cycle (Friday to midnight on Monday). If you try to bid between Tuesday and Thursday, the message ‘You are not currently eligible for any properties’ will appear on the screen
- Your account is not yet active. You will be told by letter or email that your application has been made active, but this can take up to 24 hours
- You have been shortlisted for a property. You should get a letter inviting you to view the property
- You are in rent arrears or your application is under investigation. You should have received a letter telling you this
- Your account is dormant because you have been assessed as having a home that meets your needs. You must let us know if any of the details on your housing register application have changed.
Difficulty logging into the bidding website
To log into the ELLC Choice Homes website you will need your housing register application number (also known as your unique reference number) and your memorable date.
A new level of security has been put on this site. Please enter a password that is between 6 and 10 characters long, has at least 2 lower case letters, 2 upper case letters and 2 numbers. Symbols and punctuation are not allowed.
Please note this additional layer of security is in place after you input your memorable date.
If you have problems with your password please visit their website for further information and assistance.
If your details have changed
You must make sure that you update your housing application as soon as possible if there are any changes to the information you have previously provided.
Tell Us About A Change
You need to log in to your My Newham account through the Newham Website.
- Then click on “Apply for it”
- Then click on “Housing Register”
- Then click on the option to "Change an existing application”. Please enter your application reference and your date of birth and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once you have answered all questions and added all your household members, you will need to click "Yes” to the question ‘Have you added all of the family members you wish to be rehoused with?'
- Then agree to the terms and conditions and click submit.