Apply for council housing

Sheltered Housing

Sheltered housing is housing for older people active enough to live independently.

You can only bid for a sheltered property if we have assessed your suitability.

If you are a Homeseeker who is over 55 years old, you may be eligible to bid for this type of property.

For further information please see the policy (PDF)

If you would like to apply for a sheltered assessment, please send an email to with the words ‘Sheltered Assessment’ and your housing register application number in the subject field.