Apply for council housing

Tell us if any of your details change

If your details change, you must make sure that you update your housing application as soon as possible.

Tell us about a change to your details

Change of address

You must give the full details of the type of property you live in. Make sure there is no gap or overlap between the start date and the last date you were in your previous home.

Change of household members

You can add and remove household members on your application. Our housing allocations policy will tell you who you can add to your application.

If you are already a Newham tenant, you will not be able to add or remove any household members. You must speak to your housing compliance officer.

If we have put you into temporary accommodation you will not be able to add or remove any household members unless the person you are adding is your new-born baby. You must email [email protected]  to tell us about a change and one of our Housing Choices Assistants can then make the change or book an appointment for you if required.

Change of contact details

You must tell us about any changes to your phone number or email address.

Change of job

You must tell us if:

  • Your job has changed
  • You have stopped working
  • Your working hours have changed to less than 16 hours or have increased to 16 hours or more.

You must also tell us if these changes apply to a partner on your application.