Problems when renting privately

Emergency repairs

In emergencies you should phone the electricity or gas supplier or the emergency services. Remember to tell your landlord too.

Gas leak

Report a gas leak on the National l Gas Emergency Line: 0800 111 999.

Electricity power cut

If your electricity is cut off, you should phone your electricity supplier and quote your electricity meter number.

If you do not know who your supplier is, visit the UK Power Networks website and select 'Who is my supplier?'. They also provide advice for power cuts.

Water problems

You should report any leaks to your landlord.

If your water is cut off, you should phone Thames Water on 0845 9200 800 and have your meter number to hand.