Regeneration project: Canning Town and Custom House
Plans to build a sustainable community in Canning Town and Custom House involve you, whether you are a resident or a business.
Find out what changes are underway, what’s in store and how you can get involved.
A vision for Canning Town and Custom House
Canning Town and Custom House are in great locations. There are excellent transport links, including the bus station, the Jubilee line, the DLR and the forthcoming Elizabeth line station at Custom House.
International links are good too, with London City Airport and Stratford International Station close by.
This £3.7 billion project is changing the area for the better, physically, socially and economically and work is well underway.
The regeneration programme includes:
- 10,000 new homes, of which 3,500 are already completed or on site
- New town centre, leisure, health and community facilities
- Proposals for the regeneration of estates will be put to residents in a ballot
- DLR and Jubilee lines provide easy access, with the Elizabeth line to come
- Ongoing development of a strategic riverside walkway.
Noise and disturbance during the work
We and our partners ask contractors to sign up to a considerate contractor scheme to keep disturbance to people living next to building sites to a minimum. We also make sure that sites do not cause problems for residents between demolition and building by making sure they are secure and used for positive activities.
If regeneration work causes you problems because of noise, dust, smoke or other nuisances, report it using our online form.