Business networks and memberships
There are a number of business networks in Newham which you can be part of. Please see below for more information.
If you are part of a business forum in your local area (not mentioned below) or you would like to form one, we would like to hear about it. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Black Pound Day (BPD) is the brainchild of So Solid Crew member Swiss. It seeks to support the growth of the UK black economy and bridge its financial gap, all the while increasing opportunities for Black businesses.
A recent report by Lloyds Banking Group found that Black entrepreneurs are more likely to rely on their community to grow their businesses. As part of BPD we invite all residents to consciously spend with Black businesses on the first Saturday of each month and beyond in order to breakdown barriers to economic inequalities and collectively do more to help Black businesses thrive.
We also encourage all of Newham’s Black businesses to sign up and register with BPD by creating a listing or selling their products as well as signing up for updates and special offers.
Our network exists to support and connect companies, bringing together firms to build new relationships, share best practice, foster new opportunities and provide practical support to help member businesses trade locally, nationally and globally. Because we sit at the heart of local business communities in every part of the UK, we are uniquely placed to help businesses of every size and sector to thrive. This includes the active role Chambers and their members undertake to improve the local business environment and communities in which they work.
As experts in business, we offer our members a wide range of vital business services including advice, financial expertise, support and a powerful voice heard in government. Our mission is to help smaller businesses achieve their ambitions.
- Green Street Business Association is a non profit-making organisation run by the local business community, for the benefit of the owners of businesses on Green Street and all adjoining roads, their employees, customers and visitors.
- Its mission is to unite the whole shopping area as a world-class brand, raising its profile whilst keeping the rich variety of shopping experience offered by all communities that contribute to the diversity of Green Street in Upton Park, east London. It is a non-religious, non-political organisation.
- Newham Chamber of Commerce was established in 1967 when West Ham and East Ham chambers merged together. It provides practical information to members networking opportunities for local businesses so they can promote themselves and discuss mutual problems with others. Campaigning to make life better for owners and staff of companies and have strong links at Parliamentary and local government level.
- Stratford Original are business led and funded Business Improvement District (BID) working to make Stratford a better place for business, to work, live and play.
- As a BID member, you have access to exclusive services and opportunities aimed at saving you money and improving your business. Have a business voice and help shape our work by attending one of our four bi-monthly forum meetings.
The Entrepreneurial Refugee Network (TERN) supports refugees living in the UK to overcome barriers to starting and running their own business. TERN through partnership connects you to experts, programmes and support to help take your business idea to the next stage.
Access to Anqa an online business marketplace for refugee businesses.