The London Business Hub has a number of resources to help you start, sustain and grow your business. Its upcoming webinars include:
- Introduction to lean start-up
- Harness the power of e-commerce to grow your business
- Grow your small business through large supply chains.
Newable helps companies thrive by providing the essential resources they need to take the next step with their business. They support companies of all shapes, styles and sizes because variety and diversity fuels a thriving economy. Its upcoming webinars include:
- Winning and delivering business internationally
- Pitching and winning business online
- Managing international agents and distributors
Google for Startups supports growing startups to utilise its resources, classes, connections and expertise to build their technical skills and knowledge.
It runs a number of programmes including:
- Startup School: Provides practical workshops on training for startup founders and their teams, covering topics including SEO, user experience and Google ads.
- Residency: Supports growth-stage startups to make the most of Google’s products, connections and best practices. Startups benefit from tailored mentoring, as well as access to workspace.
- Live sessions: A virtual event series bringing together Google experts, industry leaders, venture capitalists and coaches to support founders with their questions.
- Immersion (black founders): A 12-week skill-building mentorship programme for Black-founded startups. It prepares founders to grow their businesses, raise funding, and advance their leadership skills.
- Immersion (women founders): A 12-week mentorship-focused programme connecting women-founded startups from across Europe with Google resources.
Click here to find out more.
Plan for jobs campaign
As part of the over-arching ‘Plan for Jobs’ campaign, Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy have asked us to share details of the ‘Help to Grow-Management’ and free online advice and money off software that could help you save time and cut costs through ‘Help to Grow-Digital’.
As of June 2021, small businesses will be able to access a 12-week programme delivered by leading business schools across the UK. The programme will combine a practical curriculum, with one to one support from a business mentor, peer-learning sessions and an alumni network. The programme is 90% subsidised from government.
Thursday 9 March – 10:30 -11:30
This seminar is designed to help small organisations gain greater insights into sustainability. To understand what sustainability can mean for their businesses, dispel myths and share easy to follow tips and strategies to improve sustainability in small organisations.
Hear from a consortium of respected speakers to discuss the incredible value of having a more diverse and inclusive supply chain.
28 January – 09:30-16:30 King's College London, London WC2R
This event is a must for aspiring or existing entrepreneurs. It’s your chance to not only discover everything you need to know about starting a business but also to connect with advisers and business experts who’ll help you take your enterprise to the next level.
To find out more and to buy early bird tickets click here.
Living Wage Champion Awards 2023
Nominations now open.
The Living Wage Champion Awards celebrate people and organisations which have made an outstanding contribution to the Living Wage movement.
This year there are fourteen award categories to choose from, from Advocate of the Year to Third Sector Champion. Four organisations will be shortlisted for each category and each winner will be announced at an awards evening to be held in the summer.
Winners receive a trophy and will have the opportunity to share their Living Wage journey through their sector press and on social media.
Please read the full application guidance for each category before applying.