There are webinars that can help you with recovery advice for businesses. Continue checking this page for any upcoming webinars and workshops.
You can view our recent webinar from the Royal Docks Business Recovery Event. This is a fantastic session which offers:
- Advice on how to run your business smoothly and successfully during challenging times
- Guidance on procurement framework and how you can supply to London City Airport and the council
- Support available for SME’s
- …and so much more
The London Business Hub has a number of resources to help you start, sustain and grow your business. Its upcoming webinars include:
- Introduction to lean start-up
- Harness the power of e-commerce to grow your business
- Grow your small business through large supply chains.
Newable helps companies thrive by providing the essential resources they need to take the next step with their business. They support companies of all shapes, styles and sizes because variety and diversity fuels a thriving economy. Its upcoming webinars include:
- Winning and delivering business internationally
- Pitching and winning business online
- Managing international agents and distributors
Google for Startups supports growing startups to utilise its resources, classes, connections and expertise to build their technical skills and knowledge.
It runs a number of programmes including:
- Startup School: Provides practical workshops on training for startup founders and their teams, covering topics including SEO, user experience and Google ads.
- Residency: Supports growth-stage startups to make the most of Google’s products, connections and best practices. Startups benefit from tailored mentoring, as well as access to workspace.
- Live sessions: A virtual event series bringing together Google experts, industry leaders, venture capitalists and coaches to support founders with their questions.
- Immersion (black founders): A 12-week skill-building mentorship programme for Black-founded startups. It prepares founders to grow their businesses, raise funding, and advance their leadership skills.
- Immersion (women founders): A 12-week mentorship-focused programme connecting women-founded startups from across Europe with Google resources.
Click here to find out more.
Plan for jobs campaign
As part of the over-arching ‘Plan for Jobs’ campaign, Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy have asked us to share details of the ‘Help to Grow-Management’ and free online advice and money off software that could help you save time and cut costs through ‘Help to Grow-Digital’.
As of June 2021, small businesses will be able to access a 12-week programme delivered by leading business schools across the UK. The programme will combine a practical curriculum, with one to one support from a business mentor, peer-learning sessions and an alumni network. The programme is 90% subsidised from government.
Be cyber aware
The National Cyber Security Centre has launched a self-assessment tool to help sole traders and micro businesses check how safe they are from cyber threats, and to give advice on areas of improvement. To use the toolkit and for more information visit CyberAware.gov.uk.
Disabled Entrepreneurs – Support and advice on starting and growing your business
Thursday 9 June – 11:00-12:00
In the first of three webinars, the Federation of Small Business looks at the challenges and opportunities faced by people with a disability who are or want to start/grow a business.
Property Advice Service (June 2022 - COVID-19’s Impact on Commercial Spaces: Understanding your Lease, Rent Negotiation & Business Rates - London Business Hub)
Tuesday 28 June – 10:30-12:30
This webinar from the London Business Hub comprises a series of free masterclasses on topics such as business rates and lease negotiations, along with 1:1 support.
Newham Chamber of Commerce events
Breakfast business meeting
Friday 24 June from 7:30am - 9:15pm
Venue: Holiday Inn Express, London Excel, 1018 Dockside Road, Royal Albert Dock, E16 2FQ.
Places are limited and are on a first come first served basis, so we encourage you to apply early.
You can email email@example.com for more information on memberships benefits and also to attend any future coffee or general annual meetings.
The Newham Chambers Newham Business Awards 2022 is now open for applications, click here for more details and entry requirements.