What happens after you apply
- We will send you an email that contains a temporary reference number. You will be able to use this number to track the progress of your application in My Newham.
- We will pre-assess your application, which can take up to 28 days. You will then receive an email telling you whether or not you have been successful.
- If we need you to send documents to support your application, the email will direct you to your My Newham account. Here you will find details of what you need to send.
In most cases we will not need to see any documents at this stage.
- You will have 28 days to upload your documents to My Newham. We will not be able to process your application without the documents.
You must not send your documents by post. If you do, we will not be able to accept them or send them back to you.
Sending your documents and photo(s)
Find out what documents you need to upload
- Go to my.newham.gov.uk/housingregister and log in to your My Newham account.
- Select the 'View required documents' button. You will be given a list of documents you will need to upload to My Newham and an option to print the list.
Scan your documents
- Scan your documents and save them on your computer.
- Make sure you save your documents as JPG or PDF files. If you do not have a scanner at home, you may be able to use a scanner at your local library.
Make sure you keep the originals of all your documents safe as these will need to be seen at a later date (maybe years later) if your application is successful.
Upload your documents to My Newham
- Go back to My Newham and select the 'Upload documents' button.
- Choose the type of document you wish to upload from the drop-down menu.
- Use the browse button to search for your scanned version of that type of document.
- Select the 'Add' button to repeat the process for the next document.
- After you have uploaded all your documents, press the 'Submit' button.