Disabled parking permits
If you have a disabled resident bay assigned to your property and you hold a disabled blue badge, you can apply for a disabled resident parking permit.
There will be no emissions based charge applied to disabled parking permits which will remain free.
Before you begin your application for a disabled resident parking permit, you will need to:
- Ensure the vehicle you are applying for is registered in your name and at the address where you will be using the permit
- You have already successfully qualified for a disabled resident bay and it has been installed.
- Registered keepers - UK Vehicle Registration document (V5C or log book) or Motability Certificate (not the Motability insurance)
- Non-registered keepers - a lease or hire agreement, which is made between two registered companies
- Company vehicles - UK Vehicle Registration Document (V5C or logbook) or lease/hire agreement; and a letter from your employer on headed paper dated within the last three months that confirms your employment, name, address and vehicle registration.
- Proof of address at the name of the registered keeper/leaseholder or employee if a company vehicle: Council Tax bill, utility bill or bank statement (dated within the last three months) or a tenancy agreement (dated within the last month) or mortgage offer letter or completion of sale letter from solicitor.
When renewing your permit you must select a start date for your new permit to begin. The MiPermit Newham system will default to today’s date on the application page. Please ensure this is updated if you require your permit to start from a later date. You will only be able to renew your permit up to four weeks in advance.