Resident parking permits

Disabled parking permits

If you have a disabled resident bay assigned to your property and you hold a disabled blue badge, you can apply for a disabled resident parking permit.

There will be no emissions based charge applied to disabled parking permits which will remain free.

You can’t park in a disabled resident bay without a disabled resident parking permit, and you may receive a penalty charge fine if you do so.  

Before you begin your application for a disabled resident parking permit, you will need to:

  • Ensure the vehicle you are applying for is registered in your name and at the address where you will be using the permit
  • You have already successfully qualified for a disabled resident bay and it has been installed.
  • If you are the vehicles registered keeper or owner upload a copy of your UK Vehicle Registration document (V5C or log book) or Motability Certificate (not the Motability insurance). The copy uploaded to the system must clearly show that you are the registered keeper or motability customer so please ensure it states your name and address.
  • Non-registered keepers - a lease or hire agreement. Hand written documents will not be accepted
  • Company vehicles - UK Vehicle Registration Document (V5C or logbook) or lease/hire agreement; and a letter from your employer on headed paper dated within the last three months that confirms your employment, name, address and vehicle registration. Hand written documents will not be accepted
  • Proof of address in the name of the registered keeper/leaseholder or employee if a company vehicle:  Acceptable proofs of residency are: Council Tax bill which must be valid at the time of application, utility bill or bank statement (dated within the last three months), a tenancy agreement (dated within the last month) or mortgage offer letter or completion of sale letter from solicitor, on headed stationery. Hand written documents will not be accepted

When renewing your permit you must select a start date for your new permit to begin. The MiPermit Newham system will default to today’s date on the application page. Please ensure this is updated if you require your permit to start from a later date. You will only be able to renew your permit up to four weeks in advance.

Apply for or renew a disabled parking permit 
Apply for a disabled parking bay