Who is exempt?
During the restricted hours vehicles/motorbikes registered at any of the addresses within the zone will be permitted to drive into the Pedestrian and Cycle Only zone area.
- Residents and businesses, that live within the restricted pedestrian zone that have an active resident, business or access permit.
- Active Resident Parking Zone permits linked with and address within the restriction zone receive automatic exemption linked with their account.
- Off Street residents within the restriction zone must apply for a free “Access Permit” (These permits can be applied for through MiPermit using the following link: https://www.newham.gov.uk/parking-permits/mipermit-newham
- Emergency vehicles (Police, Ambulances and Fire Services)
- Disabled Badge access permit holders only (This does not include all disabled badge holders) Eligible Blue badge holder must apply online with the following evidence
- Evidence of current work within the restriction zone
- Evidence of direct access requirement (child escort, or work requirement)
- Front and back copies of blue badge card along with proof of access requirement (proof of employment, letter from school proving child’s enrolment)
Please Note: Permits must be active to be exempt, and it the driver’s responsibility to ensure that their permit(s) are renewed before they expire.
If you enter a Healthy School Street zone with an expired permit you are liable to receive a Penalty Charge Notice.