The level of service you will receive when applying for a property licence.
- Direct you to our rented property licence application form and guidance or send out a licensing application pack to you within 10 days of you contacting us
- Let you know within 14 days that we have received your application and fee as long as it is complete and valid
- Reply to any queries you have about your application within 10 working days
- Write to you within ten weeks if your application is wrong or if we need more information from you
- Write to you within ten weeks if we are unable to progress your application to licence as further investigation or assessment is required in relation to the Proposed Licence Holder, interested party or Property.
Licence decisions – what we will do
- We aim to tell you whether we plan to grant or refuse a licence in writing within ten weeks of receiving your complete and valid application and fee.
- If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, contact us and we will reply within 10 working days. We will always aim to tell any applicants of any delays.
Refusing a licence
- If your licence is unsuccessful, we will write to you to tell you the reasons why your application has been refused. We will then give you 21 days to ask questions, challenge our decision or make comments.
Granting a licence
- Where we plan to issue a licence, we will provide you with a draft copy of the proposed licence and give you a further 21 days (consultation period) to comment or ask questions.
- We will reply to queries regarding your licence or licence conditions within 10 working days.
- If you do not comment on the draft proposed licence, we will send you a final licence 21 days after the end of the consultation period.