Organisations that support involvement and Co-Production
If you want to get involved but are not feeling confident then several organisations can offer help and support to get your views heard.
Services offered include:
- 1-2-1 support
- Peer support training
- Group support
- Social activities.
VoiceAbility - Advocacy
The London Borough of Newham has commissioned VoiceAbility to provide advocacy support, including to those with mental health conditions. Someone speaks on your behalf to help you say what you want to say.
To find out more about VoiceAbility and the services they offer please visit the VoiceAbility website.
ASK User-led Mental Health Group
ASK aims to be a user-led membership organisation providing information and support services to users of mental health services primarily in Newham, including:
- Potentional users of the service.
On a monthly basis ASK:
- Hold a forum on the second Thursday of each month at Stratford Advice Arcade
- Distribute a calendar of activities and newsletter in the borough.
For further information please email Sandra Amoah, Co-Chair [email protected].
Newham Older People's Reference Group (OPRG)
The aim is to:
- Ensure that the quality of life for the Borough's older residents is a priority of any policy making
- Encompass the needs of disabled members to make attending regular meetings and other activities easy as possible.
Membership is on a voluntary basis and open to all residents aged 50 and over, regardless of:
- Sexual orientation
Members involved in other groups,running with a shared agenda, are encouraged to exchange useful:
The group meets up to 10 times per year at various centres throughout Newham.